Monday, September 14, 2015


Another summer has come and gone.  I can hardly believe it!  Tourists abounded in my corner of the world and it made for a very busy season at work.  Not much time to relax until this past Labor Day weekend at my mother’s cottage.  Family and furry critter enjoyed the warm sun and cool breeze among the pines and flowers.

My soul comes alive at this time of year.  Long forgotten chores magically get tackled and completed.  I start looking through my cookbooks and begin planning dinner menus for the cold weather and upcoming holidays.  I take a trip to L.L. Bean in search of a new warm and wooly sweater to spiff up my autumnal wardrobe.  Thoughts of finally using my snowshoes that I purchased in 1997 are creeping into my mind.

One of the best things about September and the ensuing months is that the vacationers have dwindled in numbers and I am finally able to visit some local businesses before they close up for the winter.

Today, I stopped by the Bread and Roses Bakery in Ogunquit, Maine.  News reports have stated that customers have waited in line all summer to partake of their delicious baked goods.  Driving home on my way back from New Hampshire, I spied an available parking space near the bakery and pulled in.  My first trip ever inside this establishment and one look at the cases filled with tarts, cookies, croissants, and cake, made me start drooling!  I finally settled on a slice of Lemon Coconut Cake which is going to be dessert tonight.  Took a sample bite until then.  Verdict:  Yum!





If you are up in Southern Maine this fall, please do stop in to Bread and Roses, but please leave me a parking space!

No comments:

Post a Comment